Finn Haldorsen established Rubb Hall AS in 1966. This company started making tarpaulins and bags from PVC fabric and in 1968 made the first ‘Rubb Building’. This was the first fabric clad building manufactured in Norway.
The Rubb name hails back to 1903 when Haldor Haldorsen developed Norway’s first combustion engine that became known as the “Rubb engine” (Rubb Motor). He developed this marine engine in a small village on the west coast of Norway called Rubbestadneset. The first four letters of this village name became synonymous with the engine.
Finn Haldorsen carried the ‘Rubb’ name tradition forward. The association with the sea was kept with the adoption of Neptune’s trident beside the logo. This was to show the industrial association with the sea and it also was intended as a symbol of strength.